May 23, 2017
This page describes the rules in which personal information is handled in the website of Olympus (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., displayed at the URL: www.olympus.com.my ("the Website").
1. General Information
We may collect your name, Identification Number, address, email address, birth date, gender, contact numbers, occupation, credit or debit card information, travel information, personal interests, business registration number (if any), etc. ("Personal Data"). If your Personal Data is stolen, hacked, lost or damaged due to accident or by any other means, without any fault or negligence on the part of the Company, the Company may not be responsible for any damages incurred to the extent permitted under Malaysia Law.
Cookie will not collect your Personal Data. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to disable cookies.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Data
All Personal Data collected may be used by the Company individually or collectively and may be combined with other information for, but not limited to the following purposes:
- a. Marketing and communicating with you in relation to products, events and services offered by the Company;
- b. Contacting you for product or customer satisfaction surveys and/or market research or promotions;
- c. Developing and maintaining smooth relations with business partners and related entities as a reference in the recruitment and responding to your job/application or your recruitment issues;
- d. Responding to business operation issues;
- e. To arrange the product for delivery with the courier company;
- f. To transfer or disclose the Personal Data to the Third Party or Sub-Contractor which is outside of Malaysia for Personal Data collection centre for data management purposes; and
- g. To manage users' accounts.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Unless required or permitted under Malaysia law or as stated below, we will not disclose your Personal Data to others without your consent. In case the Company requires additional Personal Data, the Company will ask for such additional Personal Data from you and ensure its confidentiality.
We may disclose your Personal Data under, amongst others but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- a. In certain promotional campaigns, where the campaign sponsors may ask for additional Personal Data;
- b. In certain cases, where you may be offered information or special news from a third party (once you agree to receive such information, your name and email address will be disclosed to the third party and you will be deemed to have consented to such disclosure); and/or
- c. In certain cases, where the Company may disclose information to inform a courier company or make travel arrangements.
Personal Data provided to sub-contractors may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. (e.g. when the Company sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and the Company shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the Personal Data by the third party.)
In some cases when the Company needs to disclose your Personal Data to a third party, you are deemed to have agreed to provide your Personal Data in order for the Company and the third party to further respond to your inquiries or your requests, and/or to provide necessary service to you.
You will always have the right to approve or disapprove of such disclosures, or even to refuse to receive those services at any time.
Contact No.: 03-7886 9188 (ext.198)
E mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No.: 03-7887 2833
If you wish to withdraw your consent and to unsubscribe from any future correspondences, please email us, otherwise, we assume that you agree to our processing of your personal data in accordance with the above.
The Company may disclose information in the following special cases without your consent:
- a. if the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- b. if the disclosure is necessary for evaluative purposes;
- c. if the disclosure is necessary for the Company to obtain legal services; or
- d. if the disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
5. Acceptance of the Policy
You hereby agree and accept that by registering and/or continuing to use the products and/or services, you authorize and consent to your Personal Data being processed by and where required, disclosed to classes of third parties as identified by the Company for the purposes of the Company providing the products and/or services to you. For the avoidance of doubt, you also hereby explicitly consent to the Company processing any sensitive Personal Data relevant to such purposes.
6. Your Choices in Personal Data Collection, Usage, Process and Disclosure
If you consent to receive information about the Company's products and services by mail, SMS, phone, email and fax, we will contact you by any of those communication channels to inform you about our news, activities, goods and services.
If you have any questions or inquiries concerning your Personal Data, or if you wish to withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, please complete our personal data request form, and post a copy of the duly completed form to us via e-mail or fax. Our data protection officer will be pleased to attend to your queries and/or concerns.
If you do not consent to us collecting, using, processing, or disclosing your Personal Data, which is reasonable for provision of certain goods or services, we may not be able to provide the said goods or services.
7. Caution about Loss and Inappropriate Use of Personal Data
Please note that sending information over the internet is not 100% secured. The Company will use reasonable endeavours to secure all information flow over the internet but cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet in any case, whether on data inflow to the Company or outflow from the Company.
8. Governing Law
9. Right to Amend our On-line Privacy Statement
The Company reserves the right to amend this Statement at any time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website.